Saturday, December 15, 2012

Advent of Jesus GLORY His Face



In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” (John 1:1–5 NLT)


For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.(2 Corinthians 4:6–7, NLT)

Creator God, you remind us that the darkness of ignorance and doubt cannot overcome your life-giving Word. May your Holy Spirit, who first inspired these words of Scripture, shine your light and once again awaken us to the hearing and living of this radiant truth. In Jesus’ name. Amen! Robert Webber

In John 17, Jesus High Priestly prayer, the most glorious and beautifully revealing prayer in God's Word Jesus makes a request of the Father that has been and continues to be answered.  Jesus asks, “Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!” (John 17:24, NLT)
John Owen wrote an amazing rich and wonderful little book on that one verse.  The following is a quote I memorized many years ago.
Beholding the glory of Christ, herein would I live, herein would I die, herein would I dwell in my thoughts and affections.  To the withering and consumption of all the painted beauties of this world, unto the crucifying of all things here below until they become unto me a dead and deformed thing no way fit for affectionate embraces.  John Owen 
Pursuing His Face, His presence, HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment