Thursday, December 6, 2012
ADVENT: Let Anyone Who is Thirsty Come!
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star.” The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life.” (Revelation 22:16–17)
“Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink— even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk— it’s all free!” (Isaiah 55:1)
“On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me!” (John 7:37)
It is so easy to read through the Old Testament and look at the things that Israel did and think, "how foolish they were." Yet, we do the same things, I do the same things! Listen, listen to the rebuke of the LORD through Jeremiah. “For my people have done two evil things: They have abandoned me— the fountain of living water. And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water at all!” (Jeremiah 2:13)
Interesting, the sins of Israel were great during the time of Jeremiah. Jeremiah began his ministry during the reign of the last godly king of Judah, Josiah. After Josiah died the country fell deep into moral decay bringing the Babylonian captivity. So knowing that sin was rampant during the time of Jeremiah why did God say that His people had done TWO evil things? I believe that these two are the root to all the others sins. Very simply God's people turned from Him for satisfaction and turned to the world to meet their needs and satisfy them.
The question that I have to ask myself every morning is am I looking to something or some one for satisfaction. It is so easy to become so busy that we fill our lives with everything BUT HIM! Don't you see when we allow that to happen we are repeating what God's people did in the OT. His call to His children is the same...Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life, Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink, Anyone who is thirsty may come to me!
“Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.” (Psalm 90:14)
Pursue the King, come to Jesus and drink deeply and cry out "satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad in you!
ADVENT: Week One HOPE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment