The Grand story of Redemption, the breath-taking panoramic story that began before the foundation of the world has it's climax at the Cross! Now the Hero of the story could have entered the stage of history however He chose, and He chose the most humble entry. His appearing (Advent) in the story is awe-striking because of the unfathomable condescension. Isaiah told of His birth hundreds of years before it occurred, also told us about His mission...why did He come? What was the first Advent all about?
“But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” (Isaiah 43:1–3a)
“Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me. I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.” (Isaiah 44:21–22)
Paul picks up the story of redemption on this side of the Cross and teaches us that, “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,” (Romans 5:1–3) John teaches us that, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
When we confess, we are forgiven...when we are forgiven, we are redeemed...and when we are redeemed, we are adopted as His children and we are commanded to enter His presence with full acceptance and childlike wonder and awe in our Abba, our Father in Heaven! I hope you noticed in Isaiah 43 He says to His children..."you are mine." He promises to make us His own and then He promises His presence especially through the adversities in this life. Coram Deo, HE is present, are you enjoying and delighting in His presence and promises!
Pursuing Intimacy with Jesus together!
m
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” (Romans 15:13)
No comments:
Post a Comment